Temperatures are dropping and decorations are being strung - ‘tis the season for our favourite holiday drinks.
These cooler days it's a necessity to cuddle up in your favourite pyjamas, put the fire on and sip on an indulgent drink while pausing to take in the joy the holiday season brings.
Whether you’re looking for a post-snowball fight latte or a festive cocktail after your holiday shopping - we have you covered.
Get inspired by our favourite holiday bevvies below.
A true holiday classic, the Peppermint Mocha. Combining chocolate and peppermint is a sure crowd pleaser for those cold, crisp winter days.
- ¾ cup strong coffee or shot of espresso
- ⅓ cup half & half or any milk/dairy substitute of your choice
- 1 ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Optional whipped cream and crushed candy canes
- Brew coffee or espresso.
- Pour half & half/milk or dairy substitute into a saucepan and heat on medium heat.
- Add vanilla extract, granulated sugar, peppermint extract and cocoa powder to the warming milk, stir mixture until bubbles form.
- Add brewed coffee and milk mixture in your favourite mug and enjoy!
- Try a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling crushed candy canes on top for an extra festive touch.
Not only are Gingerbread men the cutest holiday snack, they’re a great addition to your everyday latte. Spice up your day with this ginger treat!
- 1 cup milk or dairy substitute
- ½ cup espresso or strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons gingerbread simple syrup
- Optional whipped cream topping
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat. Do not boil your milk!
- Brew espresso or coffee.
- When the milk steams and bubbles start to form, turn the heat off. Whisk milk until frothy.
- In a large mug, add your espresso, gingerbread simple syrup and frothed milk. Stir gently.
- If desired, add optional whipped cream.
Santa’s Christmas Coffee
Entertaining for the holidays? Try brewing a pot of your soon-to-be signature holiday brew!! We love this Christmas coffee recipe as you can whip up an entire pot in just a few minutes with only four ingredients.
- 12 cups of water
- 1 ½ cups ground coffee
- ¼ teaspoon clove
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Garnishes are where you can really jazz up your holiday brew and make it your own. A few of our favourites are whipped cream, chocolate shavings, sprinkles or even a mini candy cane for that holiday touch.
- Add clove and cinnamon to your ground coffee and brew according to your coffee maker’s instructions.
- Top your coffee with optional whipped cream and any garnishes you desire.
*Holiday Party Tip - try creating a garnish bar and let your guests have fun making their own creation.
Hot Pumpkin Eggnog made with Rainforest Organic
Flavour Profile: Chocolate, Earthy, Spicy
Hot Pumpkin Eggnog
Yes, you read that right - pumpkin eggnog! We’re combining two classic holiday flavours to create a caffeine-free Christmas treat.
- 1 ½ half cups milk or dairy alternative (rich alternatives like soy and oat milk work better for this recipe)
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree (canned is just fine!)
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- Pour milk/dairy alternative into saucepan. Over medium-high heat, add egg, yolk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Continue to whisk regularly and just before the mixture comes to a boil it will thicken and the froth at the top will start to hold its form. At this point, remove the pan from the burner and quickly whisk in the pumpkin puree.
- Pour into serving mugs and grate fresh nutmeg over the top.
*Tip - if you’re like us and constantly crave a caffeine fix, try adding a shot of espresso to make yourself a dirty pumpkin eggnog. Take it one step further and throw in your favourite rum, whiskey or bourbon for a decadent adult treat.
Keto Cinnamon Toast Butter Coffee made with our Christmas Blend
Smoky, Floral, Fruity
Keto Cinnamon Toast Butter Coffee
Hosting for the holidays can be stressful when factoring in everyone’s dietary restrictions. This recipe is not only delicious but is sure to put a smile on your Keto-loving friends faces while still satisfying even the toughest foodie critic at your party. Like they always say, everything's better with butter!
- 8oz black coffee
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar free brown sugar cinnamon syrup
Flavoured Whipped Cream (16 servings)
*Not only just for coffee, whip up extra cream for all of your holiday treats.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar free brown sugar cinnamon syrup
Cinnamon Sugar (8 servings)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granular sweetener
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream and ¼ cup of brown sugar cinnamon syrup. Beat with a mixer until nice and airy. Store whipped cream in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add to a blender, 1 cup of coffee, 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar cinnamon syrup. Blend on high until nice and frothy.
- Pour into a cup and add whipped cream on top.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and sweetener together. Sprinkle on top and you are ready to go!
Apple Pie Hot Toddy
This drink is like a warm hug on a cold day. A spin on the classic hot toddy, apple brandy takes this holiday cocktail to a whole new level. Adults alike will ooh and ahh at this simple to make yet complex flavoured cocktail. Tis the season to drink responsibly - stay safe and warm out there folks.
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 100 ml apple brandy (approx 2.5 shots)
- Over medium-high heat, bring water to a simmer in a small pot.
- Once simmering, add the honey and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat, add tea bags and steep for five minutes. Remove the tea bags and stir in lemon juice and apple brandy.
- Optional garnish of sliced apple and/or cinnamon stick.
*Holiday party tip - make a large batch of the tea and add your brandy as you serve. This hot toddy is sure to put everyone in a festive mood.
Which is your favourite?
These warm holiday drinks will put a smile on even the biggest grinch’s face.
Put on your favourite Christmas carols or tune into all the holiday specials while enjoying your Christmas in a cup from the comfort of your own home.
Don’t take our word for it - give these drinks a try and let us know which one is your favourite!