What’s a coffee drinker’s biggest fear? Likely the horror of realizing they’ve run out of beans, their espresso machine broke, and all their local coffee shops have mysteriously closed.
While things don’t need to get that scary this Halloween, we did want to share some spooky coffee recipes to help get you into that creepy spirit.
How? By checking out 3 scarily good drinks and treats below.
Scary Spiked Espresso Float
Fizzy, creamy, and boozy, this terrifying tasty espresso float mixes all the best flavors of the season.
- 1 shot of espresso like our Organic Espresso Blend
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 shot of your favorite coffee liqueur
- Simple Syrup
- Soda of your choice
- Measure out 1 shot of espresso in an espresso glass and pour it over a scoop of vanilla ice cream into a cup or mug.
- Pour in a shot of coffee liqueur.
- Top your glass with soda until it’s full.
- Enjoy with your favorite scary movie.
Pumpkin Spice, Don't Be Nice Latte
An undisputed classic, no Halloween season is complete without a sip of this sweet and spicy drink.
- 1 shot of Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1 shot of Caramel Syrup
- 1 double espresso made with our Organic Espresso Blend
Steamed milk to taste
- Add both the caramel and pumpkin spice syrup shots to your espresso.
- Pour in as much steamed milk as you like.
- Add some spooky latte art to finish with a terrifying touch!
Alien Ube Dalgona
This drink is so good it’s out of this world. To make one serving of Purple Ube Dalgona, you’ll need the following.
- 2 oz of purple sweet potato
- 1/8 cup of honey
- 1/8 cup of cold milk (for the ube paste)
- 1/2 cup of hot milk (for the drink)
- 1 shot of espresso
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C) and bake the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes.
- Cut them into pieces and add them, along with honey and a bit of cold milk, into the blender.
- Strain everything until you get a very fine texture. The mixture should be similar to a paste.
- Put 1/8 cup of your purple ube paste into a mug, and then add the half cup of hot milk.
- Add a shot of espresso, then use a frother to make the whole drink light and airy (like a ghoul!).
No Tricks, All Treat
With these three spooky coffee recipes on your to-drink list, brewing up some Halloween magic should be no trouble at all. Pair them with your favorite scary activities for a real chilling evening.
Have any other eerily good drinks you love to indulge in during this season? Share them in the comments below, or show us your creations by tagging us on Instagram at @BATWcoffee.